DAS/In Building Wireless Technician
Legacy Telecommunications Inc. is seeking candidates with 2+ years’ experience as DAS Technicians. We are looking for hardworking, talented individuals with a passion for what they do and a desire to learn more.
We require our workers to be drug free and be able to pass drug screenings and a background check.
Must have a minimum of 2 years of in-building DAS installation experience.
Must have a high level of understanding and experience performing fusion splicing, fiber terminations, fiber dressing, fiber cleaning, and OTDR testing.
Understanding of wireless networks, including modulation techniques.
Working knowledge of RF test equipment, certifications are a plus.
Ability to troubleshoot systems using spectrum analyzers and related computer programs.
Assisting in proposal development and project preparation activities.
Completing site surveys to troubleshoot and design corrective RF and RF fiber optic installations for existing systems with inadequate coverage, as well as be able to report findings to the appropriate staff.
Must be at least 18 years old, have a valid drivers license and a clean driving record.
Must be able to pass pre-employment Drug Screen and random Drug Testing.
Ability to mentor and lead less experienced technicians.
Must be able to meet at office in Gig Harbor every morning.
Installation of RF components, such as coax installation, connectors, grounding, weatherproofing, supports, alarming, and wiring of power.
Construction of new site builds.
Must be able to follow OSHA standards (OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 preferred).
Able to work at various heights.
Able to lift at least 80 pounds.
Able to travel
High School Diploma or equivalent
Aerial Telecommunications Lineman
Gig Harbor, WA – Need DAY shift and NIGHT shift
- Construction and repair of overhead RF and Fiber Service
- Ability to perform construction work, such as digging holes and climbing telephone poles, pulling and stringing cables from pole to pole, as well as laying cable and conduit
- Understanding of equipment and inventory
- Ability to troubleshoot RF and Fiber line issues
- Reads and interprets work orders to determine work to be done, as well as completing paperwork for jobs that are finished
- Follow safety rules and practices, complying with OSHA standards
- Must be at least 18 years old, have a valid drivers license and a clean driving record.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment Drug Screen and random Drug Testing.
- Ability to read and Understand make-ready drawings and sheets
- Ability to work safely, with or without supervision
- Ability to work in an aerial lift device
- Ability to work with heavy items up to 75 pounds
- Be willing to travel
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ aerial line experience in the telecommunications field